Friday, August 1, 2008

Music Makes the World Go Round

Beat on the Brat. People, people who need people. I used to rule the world. I've got to be where my spirit can run free. Everyone deserves a chance to fly. And I don't want the world to see me 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. Could you take my picture? If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. Hike up your skirt a little more and show the world to me. Tides that I tried to swim against.


Music and words. All of these are great lyrics to fantastic songs. Some we hear often and others, not so much anymore. Even songs that don't have lyrics find a place in our soul. They reach in and grab hold of us and remind us of our youth, of places we've seen, people we could've been or were. People we want to be and still continue to strive to reach.

The music and beat encircles us, captures us, caresses, enraptures and takes us on a journey that exhilarates our body and mind. It leaves us happy, sad, melancholy, exotic, erotic until it eventually ends.

But, unlike some things in real life where we can't redo what we've already done, here we can hit replay and start it over again.

0 comments: