Monday, December 29, 2008

Tweet, Tweet-a-tweetle Leet

So, there's this thing out in the cyberspace world called Twitter. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. www.twitter.com . I signed up about a year ago, but really didn't do much with it. I mean, how to write in 160 characters or less, what you are doing RIGHT NOW! Well, mainly, I was sitting at my computer! But, then I realized that you could "Tweet" from your cellphone. But, I wasn't doing much from there either and I didn't really have anyone to follow. Over the course of the year I found some of my friends on there and would keep tabs on what they were doing.

I have one friend who tweets like crazy. She's a real smart cookie with a long history....oh wait, that's another song. Back track....well, she is really smart and uses every new toy to her advantage. She's got Twitter wired for sound among her blogs, museums, and other techno stuff!

I just recently figured out that if I clicked on who I'm following and turned the device status to on, then I would get text messages on when they "tweeted". I know, I'm slow, but I'm learning! I think I'm going to have to up my text messaging ability to unlimited pretty soon!

This is a great networking tool especially in the business world! Not only can I tweet with my friends, but I'm also able to keep up with my colleagues! I can already see this will be great when I attend the HSMG conference in May. So, all of you in the guild and otherwise who are on Twitter, come follow me @shadowfax0704 . Those who have yet to join Twitter can find me at http://twitter.com/shadowfax0704 . Just put in the comments section that you found me on my blog so I'll know who you are!

Oh, and if any of you Twitter experts know of more tips and tricks out there, please let me know. I am still learning my way around Twitter and would love to know more!! Just add your comments below.

And now, in 160 or less? Putting out a great blog on the joy of tweeting!

0 comments: