Monday, December 17, 2007

Tis the Season!!

This past weekend we had a lot of fun when we went to our first Ugly Christmas Sweater party!! What really cracked me up is that we are Jewish, so we didn't have the luxury of getting these "wonderful" sweaters from relatives every year! The rules were you needed to wear a sweater or embellish one to enter.

The hunt began!! We hit Goodwill centers, Salvation Army places, etc. and couldn't really find anything!! But then, I totally scored when I went to a thrift store near home. This thing was really, really bad!! It had sequins, it had glass beads, it had things I couldn't even describe!!! It was perfect!! It was a jacket so I didn't know if that would count. Time was running short and Tom and Rayne still did not have anything to wear. I was asking friends if they had anything, but either their kids were too young or the sweaters wouldn't fit.
I started thinking about the options I could do with a glue gun. The possibilities were endless!! But then, we found another resale shop! Oh my gosh, ugly Christmas sweaters everywhere!!! LOL!! They had them up in the windows! We had an sweater field day!! Big furry Santa beards, holly berries gone made! Snowmen on crack!! It was marvelous!!!
Next we hit a children's resale shop and scored for Rayne!! Even down to the Santa shoes!! We were ready for the party!!

I even found a sweater for Tom. Oh, it was bad. A fireplace with a reindeer and a tree decked out with pearled garland and a flashy jeweled star on top and satin gifts underneath!! Who could ask for more!!

Dressing up was fun!! Even more fun was going to our favorite Sushi restaurant. Rayne was too embarassed and wouldn't wear her costume, but I, of course, just embarassed her even more with my outfit!! I had my leggings with their own special gold foil and even wore my Hanukkah socks complete with my green hula girl Rocket Dogs!

Oh, would you like to see a photo of this? So, glad you asked. Well, here it is!! And, yes, it did win Most Heinous!! If you would like to see more photos of the party, check them out on here:

Sung to: My Favorite Things
Snowmen doing coke lines
and sequins galore

Green Hula Rocket Dogs
who could ask for more?

Gold shiny leggings
and Hanukkah socks

I think that my heinous outfit rocks!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! It is so loud it hurts my eyes... :)