Saturday, April 10, 2010

She's Got a Ticket To Ride...

When you have a bunch of kids and they grow up and start to leave the nest, you never realize how much that last one fills the void for all!

My kiddo has been on Spring Break with her grandparents this past week. I have never known our house to be this quiet! No Demi Lavato, Selena Gomez or Lady Gaga blaring from the bedroom all day! No asking for this and wanting that. No arguing over schoolwork and chores! No, traveling everywhere to take her to all her extracurricular activities.

It has been very peaceful around here. My husband and I have never been closer and really, really enjoying each others company!

But it will all end tomorrow when my kiddo gets on the plane to head home and mayhem will once again resume!

Now, it's not a bad thing. I have missed her dearly. Her hugs, her jokes, me embarrassing her one way or another and I can't wait to see her when she gets off that plane. She'll regale me with her stories of all the adventures she took and we'll once again be all together. A smaller version of our big, happy family.

Yes, our house may seem chaotic at times, but when we have these pleasurable little breaks of serenity, even chaos is welcome in the end.

Everyone sing along now:

Ra Ra-ah-ah-ah
Roma Roma-ma
GaGa
Oh la-la

0 comments: