Friday, November 13, 2009

All You Ever Do is Talk, Talk

It seems that way sometimes doesn't it? We can talk to our kids till we're blue in the face, but maybe pictures can do so much more than words can. Every week (day) it seems that I'm always asking my daughter to clean her room. When she was little she would come to me and say, "Look mom, I made a path!" Now, it's, "Look mom, my floor is clean!" But, there are still glasses or clothes or something still tucked in a corner or under the bed.

I try to tell her it's so much easier if upon first waking to pick up things or if, before she goes to sleep at night to clean up. Then, there wouldn't be much to do.

I've also tried to instill the Flylady method by starting in one corner and working around the room. But, to know avail.

We even redecorated her room and it was clean for about a month and now? Well, as you can by the pictures, it's a disaster area!









She knows these pictures are being seen and at least that has started her cleaning up now. Maybe the thought of friends and strangers seeing what her room has become finally motivated her to do something.

With luck, cleaner pictures to follow.

Motivational comments and ideas welcome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, Sweetie! That is such a pretty room. I can't wait to see it all cleaned up and put in order. I can see why your mom is tired of having to ask you to pick up your room. It really is out of control. I have total confidence that I'll see pretty, clean, pictures here very soon!